Friday, January 12, 2007

Political Boobs

I just can't seem to let the boob thing go. Hmm, that was a bit of innuendo, no?

I can't believe how many people out there spell You Tube as You Toob when they search it. Though I suppose I should consider it's people for whom English is not their first language. But still... It's one more thing leading people to my blog. I swear this random meme about breasts is turning out to be a great way to boost my stats. Maybe I should post a weekly cleavage shot. (Maybe I should have Jobee send me her cleavage shot instead and pass it off as mine, it would be much more popular.)

Now speaking of the ubiquitous You Tube, (don't you like my use of alliteration there? I be a writer you know) is it too early to start ridiculing potential presidential candidates? (ooh! That was more alliteration, sweet!)

Our dear departed governor, Mitt, Don't-forget-my-success-with-the-Utah-Olympics Romney seems to be headed for a new moniker: Mitt, I'm-not-a-flip-flopper-I've-grown-wiser Romney. Watching they way he's been kissing the ass ofcourting right wing conservatives has given a lot of fodder for local media. See, Mitt failed to learn one very important thing about New Englanders: they have a very long memory, and a very small capacity to let things go. Just ask Bill Buckner.

About a month or so ago, there had been a few op-ed pieces on how Romney's opinions on gay rights and abortion were actually quite liberal when he debated Ted Kennedy for a senate seat in 1994. They were e-mailed about, but mostly between people who don't like the man as a display of solidarity. But, oh, why stop there when a picture and a sound bite are worth a thousand back pedals?

A video clip of the debate featuring Mitt in all his liberal glory surfaced on You Tube and became a hit in the political circuit, featuring classics such as, "I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country...I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years, that we should sustain and support it, and I sustain and support that law and the right of a woman to make that choice."

This thing has gotten around so much, that Mitt had to call into a conservative talk show last night to address it with some lame chuckle about how, he's "grayer, heavier, grown a bit wiser." "Of course, I was wrong on some issues back then," he said. "I'm not embarrassed to admit that. I think most of us learn with experience. I know I certainly have."

Oh I know one blue state that's learned Mitt. Go back to Utah where the wacko polygamists support you.

OK. Let the Googling begin. Or is it boobling?

1 comment:

krysten said...

"boobling"! hee!!