Now, while I know my prose is infinitely entertaining to all who visit, I thought "Why not make a helpful list for people, a guide to "how not to be desperate"?
Ten Ways Not to be Desperate
1)Give everyone you meet and greet a smile. If service people have a name tag, use it when you exchange pleasantries. Courtesy and gratitude are good Karma.
2)Give compliments freely, but sincerely, every day.
3)Create something: draw, paint, knit, write a poem, bake a pie, make spaghetti sauce. It's good for the soul, and fosters the spirit.
4)Practice letting go of negativity; meditate. Focus your energy on the positive: your partner, your health, your children, or family.
5) Catch yourself every time you say something negative. ("Oh, I'm so stupid!") Wear a rubber band on your wrist and snap it each time you do if you need.
6) Treat yourself well. Take a bubble bath. Cheat on a diet with a candy bar or a dish of ice cream. Buy a new dress or a pair of shoes if you can every once in a while. Get a manicure, even if you're a man!
7) Pet a dog or a cat. Tickle a baby passing in a carriage. Pick wildflowers to perk up your room, even if you have to put them in a coffee can. Connect yourself to the world around you.
8) Call a friend. Invite them over for coffee, or out for lunch or a drink. Odds are he or she would love to and is too caught up in the same busy life you are to think of doing it.
9)Practice the "Golden Rule". Always treat people with the same respect and kindness you would expect of them.
10) Accept that you will never, ever be able to force your will or view on another, and stop trying to.
11) In other words, Always wear sunscreen.