Monday, May 21, 2007

Overindulgence

It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.
~Abraham Lincoln


Wise words Abe. We are kindred spirits you know, we share the same birthday. I don't have a beard though. A few stray chin hairs, Italian heritage and all. But I digress. When it comes to me and vices, I think Sloth and Gluttony are usually battling it out for first place. This weekend Gluttony came out on top.

Another one of our book club girls hit the big 4-0. Her hubby surprised her this weekend, and threw a very fine fiesta. You know the old expression, "liquor to beer, have no fear. Beer to liquor, never been sicker?" Out the window. After countless glasses of wine, the sour apple martini looked really good. As did the coconut rum thingy. A bunch of us were shakin' our groove thing.

Needless to say, I woke up about 4 AM and wanted to rip my head from my body. I took two Tylenol with a glass of orange juice, then proceeded to call God on the porcelain phone. Three times. I found sitting curled in a fetal position on the bathroom floor actually made the throbbing in my head ebb some, so I snoozed there for a while.

Sunday was a pajama day to say the least. I watched the Red Sox, and finished the first part of the poncho I'm crocheting.

So there's my embarrassing story of the dayweek. Ciao Bellas.

1 comment:

krysten said...

i commonly repeat that to myself to make sure i'm not doing the wrong thing....although i've always heard it "beer before liquor, never been sicker; liquor before beer, you're in the clear".

this weekend i washed down amaretto sours with a heineken and was just fine....as opposed to the night in NY with Jamie and Tom when i washed down Jack Daniels with, well, more Jack Daniels and had to be carried home over Jamie's shoulder. haha.

good times, good times.