Saturday, October 15, 2005

Won't you take yourself a photograph and laugh at me, please

The header of Boston.com says “hazy sunshine” which I find hard to believe given the fact that my sunglasses have sat idle on my kitchen counter for the last week and a half. I have no windows around me so I can’t even check. If indeed there is sun to be seen I should go above ground. I should go to Starbuck’s for a latte, instead of the cafeteria for a vanilla shake. I should actually do some work.

Just kidding. It’s all done, the work that is. For now, anyway. I learned a cool new word today: Bacchanalian. I must remember it and use it. I figured it was my duty to share it. I also had a friend share an thought provoking quote: "Emancipation from the bondage of the soil is no freedom for the tree." - Rabindranath Tagore I love learning new things. I'm sharing the love.

Share something you've learned today.

2 comments:

MK said...

I learned that becasue DC has building height restrictions there are no parking garages that break up city blocks, let alone the big between buiolding spots that are parking lots you would see in NYC and elsewhere. All DC parking is below ground since there is no room allowed to build up, every space is filled in by building and not wasted on parking garages. Funny how I have lived here 8 years over the last 15 years and I never looked at it that way.

Giovanna said...

Thank you for replying dearie.

The Ferrer reunion was cancelled! I am beside myself. I think everyone should come to the city anyway and all go to Divine Bar for tapas and sangria!