Thursday, September 15, 2005

Move like a jellyfish, rhythm is nothin'

I called in sick today.  I didn't have to go into work mind you, I just needed a mental health day.  I was so tired.  So after I got everyone on the bus I ignored the chiding little voice that worried about the mess, the dishes, and the fact that the cleaners were going to come later and went back to bed.  When I got back up, it was pouring; with lots of thunder and lightening.  I sat down with a cup of coffee, and decided it was the perfect day to just stay in my pajamas and do nothing but eat and watch TV.  Of course, I can only be completely self-indulgent until 2:30 when Biggest One gets home.

But all this still doesn't do anything about the rain, and tonight's Jack Johnson show is at an open air venue!  *Sob*   What do we do if it's pouring?  I'm gonna be so bummed if the weather ruins my chance to get Jack to notice me.

I'm catching up on all my TiVo'd Daily Shows.  The interview with Kurt Vonnegut was amazing.  I'm sure it's uploaded at their website.  This was my favorite moment of the interview, when the author said:  "I think we are terrible animals, and I think our planet's immune system is trying to get rid of us and should."

Ok.  I'm off to make tea.  It's too early for a beer.  ;)

No comments: