Wednesday, September 07, 2005

And if the elevator tries to take you down...

I paid local radio station MIX 98.5 twenty-five dollars to play the "Goofy Goober Song" from The Sponge Bob Square Pants Movie soundtrack. Of course it was all to benefit the Red Cross. What a neat idea huh? Of course I never heard it play – not for lack of listening – but I wanted to watch the Red Sox game, and the radio was distracting the kids from doing their homework.

Oy, today sucked. It wasn't supposed to. I got them off to school, and decided to start my new diet-workout plan by running two miles. Laundry needed to be folded and changed over, the fridge was in dire need of cleaning out, so I decided that needed to be dealt with before I brought anymore groceries into the house – something that also needed to be done. (According to a website and my MS Word, I am typing my em-dashes right, but they don't look long enough. Is anything really long enough though? :p )

Before I knew it kids were home and I was screaming about homework getting done and trying to cook an early dinner before gymnastics and soccer – which overlapped of course and biggest one was inconsolable when I picked him up early in order to be on time for the end of his sister's practice. I can't win. Of course no homework was finished so they were all doing it at 8:30 exhausted and brain dead. This is why I never had any music lessons or played any serious sports as a child. My parents knew better.

This is going to be a very long post so you may want to get up and go pee or get a snack. LOL.

See, I've been super busy, between working, littlest one starting school (he jumped on that bus and I barely got a picture!) and subsequently tackling every single chore and errand that has been waiting for me for four years I haven't had any time to myself. (That's supposed to be irony and funny- laugh with me.) I make mental notes of all these things I want to post about. I wish I had those little color-coded tabs that Post-It makes to stick on the lobes of my brain. You wouldn't believe what I bought at the grocery store today – I can't wait to cook. I want to make fresh tomato sauce and salsa, soups and stews… God I love fall so much.

The other thing that has kept me occupied is that yesterday, 9/6/05, was my thirteenth wedding anniversary. Despite falling in the middle of a typical hectic week I decided that we were not going to eat leftover chicken breasts on our anniversary, so I surprised the man with beef filets, Bordeaux, (courtesy of Gen! Bwah!) and the best pasta primavera I have every freaking made. Seriously, it came out tasting exactly how I pictured it in my head. I took this as a sign that I am ready to apprentice at TV Food Network.

I think all the other things I want to discuss warrant their own posts. So I shall put this up to the masses and work on the other thoughts I have.

*hugs and blows kisses to all*
Thanks for reading, (more to come!)
G.

No comments: