Wednesday, September 07, 2005

And if the elevator tries to take you down...

I paid local radio station MIX 98.5 twenty-five dollars to play the "Goofy Goober Song" from The Sponge Bob Square Pants Movie soundtrack. Of course it was all to benefit the Red Cross. What a neat idea huh? Of course I never heard it play – not for lack of listening – but I wanted to watch the Red Sox game, and the radio was distracting the kids from doing their homework.

Oy, today sucked. It wasn't supposed to. I got them off to school, and decided to start my new diet-workout plan by running two miles. Laundry needed to be folded and changed over, the fridge was in dire need of cleaning out, so I decided that needed to be dealt with before I brought anymore groceries into the house – something that also needed to be done. (According to a website and my MS Word, I am typing my em-dashes right, but they don't look long enough. Is anything really long enough though? :p )

Before I knew it kids were home and I was screaming about homework getting done and trying to cook an early dinner before gymnastics and soccer – which overlapped of course and biggest one was inconsolable when I picked him up early in order to be on time for the end of his sister's practice. I can't win. Of course no homework was finished so they were all doing it at 8:30 exhausted and brain dead. This is why I never had any music lessons or played any serious sports as a child. My parents knew better.

This is going to be a very long post so you may want to get up and go pee or get a snack. LOL.

See, I've been super busy, between working, littlest one starting school (he jumped on that bus and I barely got a picture!) and subsequently tackling every single chore and errand that has been waiting for me for four years I haven't had any time to myself. (That's supposed to be irony and funny- laugh with me.) I make mental notes of all these things I want to post about. I wish I had those little color-coded tabs that Post-It makes to stick on the lobes of my brain. You wouldn't believe what I bought at the grocery store today – I can't wait to cook. I want to make fresh tomato sauce and salsa, soups and stews… God I love fall so much.

The other thing that has kept me occupied is that yesterday, 9/6/05, was my thirteenth wedding anniversary. Despite falling in the middle of a typical hectic week I decided that we were not going to eat leftover chicken breasts on our anniversary, so I surprised the man with beef filets, Bordeaux, (courtesy of Gen! Bwah!) and the best pasta primavera I have every freaking made. Seriously, it came out tasting exactly how I pictured it in my head. I took this as a sign that I am ready to apprentice at TV Food Network.

I think all the other things I want to discuss warrant their own posts. So I shall put this up to the masses and work on the other thoughts I have.

*hugs and blows kisses to all*
Thanks for reading, (more to come!)
G.

1 comment:

TheMoney&TheFame said...

Okay, so glad I am not the only one who started my supermom-diet-workout-immaculate home all day-delicious dinners served by 7pm plan to coincide with school. And so glad I'm not the only one that was sitting around at 7pm last night wondering where it all went so tragically wrong. Chin up soldier, we are going to give it one more shot on Monday.
Have you tried FlyLady.com yet for help, btw.