Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Got a couple of couches, sleep on the love seat

We went out to dinner tonight. Nothing fancy- just to the Bugaboo Creek, but fun nonetheless. Littlest one kept yawning; you could tell how tired he was, he even admitted it. As I took him to the bathroom, I commented on how sleepy he was and said, "I bet you a dollar you're asleep before we get home." He then bet me a hundred dollars that he wouldn't be. I told him he didn't have $100, so he said, "How about nine then?" I had to laugh.

Well, more than halfway through the 20 minute ride home, the little dear said something and his father said, "J, are you still awake?" So of course I made a comment about the bet - never thinking he was consciously making the effort for the cash. Of course his father took it upon himself to egg the kid on: "Come on; don't fall asleep yet! Only a few more minutes."

*insert eye roll*

When we pulled into the driveway, little J pumped his fists in victory with a big, "Yes!"

No I will not welch.

I'm very tired from red wine but I want to write and play.

1 comment:

Brain Diva said...

That is such a pretty picture of little J.

Well, boys and dares. It's a love that never stops no matter the age. ;)