Thursday, November 15, 2007

New in The Stupidity files

"Oh Santa Baby, slip a fifty under the tree, for me..."

SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.
(Full story)

Next...
As I was getting coffee yesterday, I happened to notice the new Christmas tree ornament that Dunkin was selling in front of the register.















So I picked it up. On the back it said this:



Me:
I would think the only people you'd have to caution not to eat the thing aren't old enough to read the warning
Hubby:
they have to say coffee is hot
Me:
yes, but you are buying coffee with the intention to consume it. I would assume an adult was purchasing a christmas ornament to hang it on a tree, and would not need such clarification.

Not as good as the don't eat the frozen pizza frozen but ridiculous nonetheless.

And yes, I took pictures at the Dunkin Donuts counter with my phone, since the web had nothing. All in the name of entertainment my friends.

No comments: