Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Idol Finale, and more!

There was a piece in the Boston Globe yesterday by one of the A&E columnists Joanna Weiss, basically saying that American Idol has gotten to the point where now that almost half if not more of the top ten finalists go on to recording success the "Big-Finale-Who-Will-Win?" has become irrelevant. I sort of agreed. But last night, I think Jordin Sparks saved it, and reminded fans of the show what that show can be when it's good.

That final song contest winner---I can't believe it wasn't written by Idol people, because it was the same emotional schmaltz they give them every year to sing. Those two guys must have had Jordin pegged to be in the finale when they wrote it, because she nailed it, then pounded on it with a mallet for good measure. Simon's remark that "she wiped the floor with Blake" wasn't very nice, but true. Holy Cow. If you didn't see it, or want to see it again, (and I think you can save the mp3 file) check it out at Rickey.org.

She better win. I know it's "almost irrelevant", but it's a contest. And she deserves it.

My quads are absolutely killing me. There is no way I can go to Zumba class. I do need to plant some veggies and flowers today though.

Yesterday was the hubby's birthday, and he loved all the clothes I bought him. I'm so happy! I can't wait to see him all spiffy in this really awesome Joseph Abboud button down I bought him. We are going out to dinner tonight. :) I think we're doing seafood at Skipjacks. Seafood... Mmmmm.

1 comment:

pghfoxfan said...

I loved Jordan too, but Melinda was the best singer this year, by far.