Thursday, April 26, 2007

I am a consumer whore.

A make-up whore, to be exact. I cannot walk by a Sephora without going in. Honestly, I used to be terribly intimidated by that store; there is just so much to choose from my head would spin. But lately, I’m not sure how to explain it, perhaps I got my beauty mojo back. I find it very funny that it took me until age 40 to figure out how to use cosmetics to my advantage. Actually, I guess that makes perfect sense. Go irony! Choose irony!

Anyway, these days I can walk into Sephora with my head high, and know what kind of shadow I am looking for, or what color lipsticks will flatter me. I can also look the staff in the eye and ask them for help without feeling like some novice that doesn’t know how to apply make-up.
My two new favorite items: an eye liner smudge brush, and Smashbox Photo-Finish lipstick. It really does glide on and shine, it feels good, and it tastes vanilla-y. Love it.
And that brush! I never new how the actresses and models got that look. This is the one their website lists.

I swear to God, I don’t look like Tammy Fay Baker.

We got up at 5:30 AM yesterday to go walking. Don’t fall over in shock. Hubby was a fine driving, motivating force. He hauled my expandingpretty ass out of bed and we did 2 miles. He was the one who found the caffeinated soap story. His brilliant idea at 5:30 AM was, "why not caffeinated toothpaste?" They could make it coffee flavored! Then I wouldn't mind brushing my teeth before my morning java.

More later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The thing I love about irony is that it's so ironic. Don't you think?

:D