Friday, February 09, 2007

A request for your help

Ok. I did it. Who's with me? It's really not that hard seriously. I know the ropes having done it last year, I can show you everything.

What I'm talking about if you don't know, (and I bet many of you don't), is the The 3 Day. It's a 60 mile walk over three days to raise money and awareness for breast cancer.

I know CDK is up for the challenge. :p

Alright, so I know most of you out there in cyberspace can't get to Boston to make this journey with me. So in lieu of your blisters, I ask for your support. I have made a commitment to raise $2,200 to participate, and given how powerful a tool the internet can be, hope I can count on you, my readers, to once again contribute what you can. No donation is too small. I know so many things pull and vie for your attention and support, but if everyone who reads this blog regularly gave just $25, that would be 1/3 of my goal. Send my link to your friends who maybe have been affected by this terrible disease if you think they would like to donate.

What I love about this particular event is that The Susan Komen Foundation manages to give 85% of the funds raised for treatment, research, and prevention. They run a tight ship, so you can count on your donation making a difference.

Those of you who know me know I found the whole experience to be life changing for me. I look forward to training and participating in the breast cancer 3Day.

Here is the link to my pledge page, I will have it in the side bar for the months to come. Many of you may get an email as well, as you are on my distribution list, so I apologize in advance for the double hit, but hey, reminders are always good, no?

G's 3Day fund raising page

Thank you for reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the 3 day is a wonderful thing. Wouldn't it be awesome to get a group of us and actually do it together someday? I should really look into the one here.

dw

krysten said...

HAPPY BDAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

sorry I didn't call - Happy Birthday!