Monday, February 19, 2007

Life is a highway...

Vacation! Vacation! Vacation!

I have been at work for three 12 hr shifts now, and I am quite sick of this place. There was a---get this, a 400 milisecond power outage that completely shut down all the servers for our computer systems: labs, orders, admitting... they got everything back in a few hours; except for the admitting/transfer/discharge system. It took them over 36 hours to get that back online.

It's amazing that it's 2007 and this was such a difficult task for IS. And the hell it wrecked on our operations was just awful. We had no access to bed assignments, new patients or patients transferred to other floors, so for a while meds were going to the wrong places, we had to call nursing units, ask them to call us... pain in the frakin' ass.

But all that is behind me now. I am watching the clock in breathless anticipation, awaiting the moment I fly out of here, hit the ATM, and then the highway! I am headed north my friends, to ski country. (Where I have been told all the snow was blown off the mountain yesterday and I am beyond pissed but whatever.) Access to the net will be limited at best. But perhaps I shall do some photo posts for all y'all.

Smell ya later kids!
G.

No comments: