Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I just know I left it somewhere in all this mess

I'm irritated with The Gap. Yes, I know they are overpriced, overhyped, trend-wannabes, but I found a pair of jeans there that fit. I loved them. They were comfortable. The Gap had come out with a "curvy fit", you know---for those of us not built like a 14 year-old boy.

So I wanted to get a second pair, and two stores I tried didn't have my size in the cut and the wash I wanted. (If you're going to have two pairs might as well be different colors/shades no?) I figured I'd go online. I ordered my size, in ankle length, in this color, in boot cut, as I wanted to be hip and tuck them into my sweet new Geox faux suedes. Apparently boot cut affects the amount of curve in "curvy" because these I can barely pull these mothers up my hips and over my expanding ass. They give me a friggin muffin top for God's sake.
*sigh* Yes, I know, many of you don't want to hear me whine about a clothes not fitting.

I heard this ad on the radio today, trying to recruit women for a research study.
I wish I could hear it again so I could get the wording right but...
"Are you a woman between the ages of 18-49, and find yourself losing your desire? Have you lost interest in sex? If so, you could be suffering from Hypoactive sexual desire disorder, or HSDD." I swear I almost choked on my Special K at the HSDD part. I had to laugh. Yeah, talk to any parent of young children you know and ask them about their loss of sexual desire. It's just misplaced, forget the drugs and just send over a nanny and a complimentary suite at the Four Seasons and I'll be all set thank you very much.

Drug companies make me want to puke. (Because that's who is behind this, not some benevolent medical team. BWAH!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in a cranky mood, so ignore this, but out of all my friends, you are the one most likely to win the "shaped like a boy" contest. Think about it.

pghfoxfan said...

Hell, they (men in suits) spend more money on drugs so they can have an erection when they are 90, than on trying to to find a drug to save their wives with breast cancer.
I'm pretty sure they these are the same men trying to get their wives to want to give them daily blowjobs.

pgh

hello jamie: said...

Finding clothes that fit (or God forbid, a bathing suit) is not fun for anyone, no matter what size. Stupid.

Gap finally made jeans for me, too, and the best part is that they are called "Long and Lean." AH-hahahahahaha. As if there is ANYTHING long and/or lean about any part of my body. But I swear, they fit. It's crazy.

My Sandita wears those "curvy" ones you speak of, and she has tiny hips... so we think maybe the person who named the styles was observing opposite day. But, keep looking, G... don't lose faith.

Now, I have to find a bathing suit that doesn't make me look like a whale before I go to Hawai'i in June. Kill me now.