Friday, December 01, 2006

21 Shopping days until Christmas

But don't panic.

Now that NaNoWrimo is done, I want to thank everyone who reads for their encouragement and good wishes. The support I got from my husband, friends, even my kids was instrumental to me accomplishing this.

I was telling my sis-in-law that I think I underestimated just how thrilled and satisfied I would feel at the end of this. I never saw writing 50,000 words in a month as "oh my God, I'll never get that done," (ok well maybe I whined a little, shush) or "this is such a huge undertaking, I should be damn pleased with myself." It was just something I had to do, and I was going to do it. There was never a question. But now, I am granting myself a little bit of a pat on the back and wonderment that I did accomplish this.

I was also surprised at the reaction I got from random people when I told them I was doing this. I thought this seemed a little off-beat or quirky, the kind of thing you'd get a raised eyebrow and a "oh, interesting." "Or, really, a novel? I thought you were a pharmacist?" As in "why would you want to do that?" But co-workers, other "mom-acquaintances" from town, etc. were all genuinely interested and offered good luck and such. (JoBee got me the coolest Tee from Threadless.com. And looking at the site now, I must have this one as well...)

Anyway, I started this post Friday, and then got busy packing for Maine. Now I'm back. There was snow, just not much. It was almost not worth suiting up for, but as the hubby rightly says, any time in Maine is better than no time in Maine. Littlest one went through the freestyle park and totally nailed an "flat down box" in front of all these board dudes who proceeded to cheer him righteously. LOL

I have tons of stuff stored up in my brain that I wanted to blog about while Nano was going on. Now I just have to remember it all.

No comments: