Monday, December 18, 2006

Santa baby, just slip a speedo under the tree for me

This morning my brother-in-law asked me what they could bring for Christmas dinner, and my insides did:
ka-chung! dum-da-dum-dum.

I haven't quite gotten that far in my holiday planning. Never mind that it's a week away. Priority has been going to getting presents and cards out. (One out of two done there this morning.) Anyway, I told him I'd let him know.

Ask me if I have a tree. Hubby and I have actually explained to the children that back in the old days---and no, I don't mean old school, I mean like the old days---people decorated on Christmas Eve. They might be buying it. I plan to show them "It's a Wonderful Life" for emphasis.

Anyway, not that my dinner required that much planning; I make the same thing every year. My relatives threaten to boycott if I even suggest not making a leg of lamb. But I do like to mix it up a little with side dishes and appetizers. We'll see.
Littlest one threw up all over the mountain yesterday. Not that he seems remotely ill. Still he did it again at 3AM so I kept him home, which is cramping my style just slightly.



So I am back off to finish stuffing Christmas cards. I leave you with men in Speedos and Santa hats.

The photo gallery provided by Boston.com is very amusing if you have nothing else to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can mix it up as much as you like with the side dishes & appetizers.....just as long as you have the gravlox (sp?) & that orange slices salad thing. (no pressure!)
-- magnoliajem

Unknown said...

Meh, I look better in mine.