Sunday, July 30, 2006

Toss him in the briar patch

Our fine Governor Mitt Romney didn't know the expression "tar baby" could be a racial slur. Given the fact the Mormon Church banned blacks from membership until 1978, and membership now is close to nil I guess we should let him slide eh? Maybe they don't teach about slavery and the Civil War at BYU. The man better get himself a better set of advisors if he decides to run for President. Can I make a joke about First Ladies even though they don't do that shit anymore? LOL

Grub Gone Sweaty was literally (pun intended) Grub Gone Smutty. Hee. There were five readings from different authors, some sweet, some dark, one incredibly humorous, but all erotic or sexually themed. Maybe I should kick my prose up a notch... ;-)

I fear I might be totally unprepared for this walk, but it's my own fault; I have not been able to get my ass out of bed at 5:30 AM to walk before work or kids. But damn, after two 12 hr shifts that's really hard to do.

I have little else to say. It's going to be 100 degrees tomorrow on the east coast kids, be cool, be safe, drink lots of water. That's the toots public service announcement of the day.

1 comment:

Bee said...

OMG, the walk is this weekend? Time flies! I'm super excited for ya. You will do great! =D