Monday, October 03, 2005

Blame it upon a rush of blood to the head

You know, when I was a kid in Queens we never hung orange lights on the house for Halloween. I'm just saying.

My hair is a mess. Something must be done. I look like Neapolitan ice cream. I think I need a double process to tone down my bleached out summer ends. And, it's getting cut shorter. I can’t deal with the rattiness. I might not be able to wear it back for a while, but if I hate it, it'll grow out soon enough. Must add "call Patricia" to my "to do" list. Before the reunion!

My boys are going to Chi-Town for the ALDS! They kicked Yankee butt today to make up for yesterday. You know, as long as Manny Ramirez keeps smashing 3 run homers out of the park he can go pee in the corner of left field for all I care. Manny being Manny baby.

Finally, music rec. Even if you didn't watch the series, run—don’t walk, and get the soundtrack to Six Feet Under. I was so enamored with the song that played over the final montage I had to go out and get the CD, and I wasn't disappointed. Nina Simone laying down "Feelin' Good" opens it up and then the ride begins. Seriously, if you dig alternative music… actually, the people who only listen to pop crap need to grab this disc even more to save their souls broaden their horizons, go get this CD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which song was over the final montage? (Remember, I missed everything after Nate's 40th birthday due to my move to Nowhereville.)

Gina said...

I was "Breathe Me" by Sia. I need to check out more of her stuff.