Monday, July 25, 2005

"Oh give me a home..."

I ate Buffalo tonight. It was an impulse buy- and not by me mind you, it was the man. And I am here to tell you this: If you have ever thought to yourself, "I wonder how buffalo would be?" it doesn't taste like chicken.

It does however cook much like it, so load it up with binders, and oil that grill or pan, because it's lean and lovely. Seriously, it was pretty tasty. I didn't doctor it up too much, and I only added seasoning and egg because we were eating it bun-less and like a patty- plus I could tell from the texture it would need the egg.

As good as the burgers were, the risotto that I made to accompany it was to freaking die for. I totally improvised, and it came out sooooo good! Seriously, it was orgasmic. So I shall share my recipes with you.

Buffalo Girl Won't You Come Out Tonight Burgers

1 package or ground buffalo meat
1 egg
1/2 and onion-diced
1 tbsp bottled chipolte sauce or salsa
salt and pepper to taste

Mix above and form into patties. Grill or fry until cooked through, about 5 min per side. Per the package it cooks quicker than beef.

Mexican Risotto

1 cup arborio rice
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
2 14 1/2 oz cans, or approx 3 cups chicken broth; heated
1/2 onion diced
1 tbsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
*(these are approximate)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese.

Heat butter in oil over low to medium heat and add onion. Cook 3 min till soft, add rice and cook for 2 min stirring frequently until rice is translucent. Add 1 cup of hot broth and simmer on low until almost all the liquid is absorbed, then continue to add broth a cupful or so at a time as each is absorbed until rice is tender and creamy. Remove from heat and add cheese. Serve immediately.

I have class tomorrow, and must finish my other story. It's kinda done, but it needs something.

No comments: